Dandeli is a beautiful town in the state of Karnataka, India. Dandeli is all about wildlife and natural beauty. While in Dandeli you can enjoy the glimpses of wildlife, sightseeing and various adventurous activities.
What is the best time to visit Dandeli?
The best to visit Dandeli totally depends on the activity for which you want to visit Dandeli. But, winter is considered as the ideal time to visit the town of Dandeli for enjoying all the activities. Winter season attracts a great number of tourists to visit Dandeli from far and wide. In the winter season, the weather is at its best. You need at least 2-3 days to explore all the major attractions in Dandeli, Karnataka.
What is the best option for a stay in Dandeli?
There are a plenty of options available for stay in Dandeli. The options for stay include hotels, resorts and homestays. Browse book resorts in Dandeli. You will get a list of resorts in Dandeli. After comparing and checking the amenities provided by the resorts you can select the best resort as per your affordability and time. Magenta Century Resort, Hornbill River Resort, Bison River Resort, White Water Living Resort and more are some of the best resorts in the town of Dandeli.
What are the best places to visit in Dandeli?
- Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary: Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary is positioned over the area of 866.41 km². This is a must visit place for the birders as Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary has around 200 species of unique birds. While visiting the sanctuary, you will get to spot various mammals including elephants, wild dogs, monkeys, deer, mongoose, rare black panthers, wild pigs, tigers, sloth bears and more. You can visit this sanctuary any day of the week from 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM. This second largest wildlife sanctuary of the Karnataka state is one of the most visited places in Dandeli. Having a camera would definitely be an advantage as you will get to capture the unique creatures. For taking your camera inside the sanctuary, you will have to pay a nominal charge.
- Kali River: Kali River is located around 86 km away from the Dandeli. This scenic and tranquil place is a perfect getaway for the visitors. If you are a nature lover, adventure seeker and birder then you can not afford to miss Kali River. You can enjoy various water activities including fishing, coracle ride, swimming, zorbing, raft boating, natural jacuzzi, kayaking and river crossing at the Kali River. You can also enjoy the camping at the bank of the Kali River. This river attracts a great number of tourists for river rafting during the summer season. You must try river rafting at Kali River, to you’re your Dandeli trip a memorable one.This is an ideal spot to visit with the family and friends. Don’t forget to take your camera as it is a picturesque place.
- Dandelappa Temple: Dandelappa Temple is located in Dandeli and surrounded by the natural beauty. This temple in Dandeli is dedicated to the Dandelappa. Some say that Dandeli has got its name from the local deity, Dandelappa. But, there is also another side to this which says that Dandeli took its name from King Dandakanayaka who passed through the forests. This is one of the oldest temples in the town of Dandeli. Locals have great belief in the temple of Dandelappa.
What are the things one must know while planning for Dandeli trip?
- You should book your stay beforehand so you do not face any problem later on. For this type online, book resorts in Dandeli. Select the resort which is quite near to the major attractions in the Dandeli town so that you do not have to incur a lot of time and money for reaching your destination.
- Do pack the clothing as per the season you are visiting Dandeli. If planning for a winter trip to Dandeli then you should keep all the warm clothes. And if planning for Dandeli trip during the monsoon season then do keep a raincoat and umbrella with you.
- Important things that you must keep while leaving for Dandeli trip are a small torch and mosquito repellent cream.
- If you are bird lover then take binoculars with you so that you can easily spot the beautiful birds from a far distance. Having a camera would definitely be an advantage as Dandeli has a lot to capture.
Dandeli has much to offer to the tourists who visit from around the world to explore the beauty of Dandeli. Dandeli is a home to mammals, rich variety of birds, natural beauty and various adventure spots. If you are a birder, photographer and adventure seeker then Dandeli is waiting for you.
Have a wonderful time amidst the wildlife of Dandeli!
To get the best services on Seasonal Rentals by Owner, join the group of Seasonal Rentals By Owner, rental companies, rental agencies, and seasonal vacationers.